Our girl turned three on August 12th. The “terrible twos” were actually pretty great! We’ll see how the threes go, I’ve been warned they can be worse than the twos, but so far so good, although she seems to be testing limits more lately.
Some two year old highlights:
- Becoming a big sis
- Being a flower girl/gaining an Aunt
- First dance recital
- Going under water in the pool
- Potty training
- Starting school
- First roasted marshmallow
- First haircut
A couple two-year-old quotes:
- A toot is a burp from your tush
- Miles drinks California (referring to formula while Daddy was on a business trip in CA)
- We need a trainer for Miles and Otis.
Some of her favorite things:
- colors: red, blue
- food: pizza, hot dogs, anything sweet
- activities: swings, art projects, reading, singing/dancing
- characters: Cinderella, Dora
On her actual birthday Elly woke up to lots of presents including a new red tricycle. I took Elly to a paint your own pottery studio and Jamie took her to a carousel in place of the water park due to rain. Elly was thrilled with the mall carousel. Ah, to be three. We had some family over along with Dora party supplies to help celebrate some more that evening. I had baked a cake the night before but when I went to asseble it, it broke beyond repair! So this Mama, who is trying to let go of some control issues, went to Harris Teeter for a cake instead of baking another one. Such a good move.
Like everyone says, it’s crazy how time flies. I couldn’t be happier with the good natured daughter I have been so blessed to have. I look forward to teaching and learning from her three-year-old self over the next year.