I don’t think I could dream up a better Daddy for my babies. We love you so much!
Miles is BIG June 22, 2011
We took Miles to the pediatrician recently to have his head measured and to make sure he’s still developmentally on track, all is well! We have a 22 pound 8 month old.
We celebrated 8 months on June 12th
- He’s a good eater, I think pears are his favorite. He’s also tried his first finger food; puffs.
- He sleeps through the night, every night. I didn’t know babies could be like this!
- He’s pretty laid back and can entertain himself with toys but of course loves lots of attention too.
- He’s developed some stranger anxiety.
- He makes all kinds of fun sounds, we love hearing him ‘talk’ and laugh.
- He’s very entertained by other kids, especially big sis. She was making him laugh in the car the other day and my heart just about burst.
- He seems to be getting closer to crawling, he’s been up on all fours several times and I’ve also seen him traveling backwards.
I must be improving because I was up for cake making this month! It was really hard to get a shot of Miles not trying to grab at the cake. We eventually let him explore a bit making sure he didn’t try to eat his messy hands!
Here’s the big guy trying to figure out what he’s supposed to do with a puff.
Blue Vanity June 5, 2011
I have wanted a vanity ever since I was a little girl and stayed in a room at my Great Grandma’s house that had one. I recently found an old one that I like in a consignment shop so we bought it. Jamie had been wanting to get one for me ever since Elly was born as a ‘push’ present but we just hadn’t seen anything that we loved.
Elly has fun playing with my jewelry while sitting at the “banity”. It’s pretty adorable, although I did almost vacuum up one of my earrings the other day. Gotta keep a close eye on that girl!
Pool Days June 2, 2011
We’ve been spending lots of time at Papa and Grammy Chris’s pool lately and the kids love it. We tried going to the beach over the weekend, Memorial Day weekend, but it was too crowded to find parking even though it was late in the day. When we told this to Elly she said with a hint of desperation in her voice, “Papa’s pool isn’t too crowded,”. So we consoled her by stopping there for a quick dip. Elly gets a kick out of going under water and is learning to hold her breath.
Miles has also been in a couple times and loves to splash up a storm.
We’ve got a couple of water babies on our hands.