Miles turned six months old on March 12th. Six months?! Halfway to a year, really? I didn’t have it in me to make another cake after making the baptism cake just two days before. Most people probably would have just used the baptism cake pic as his 6 month cake pic, but not me, I probably wouldn’t have been able to sleep at night if I’d done that. Also, most people aren’t so crazy, er, thoughtful (?) as to make a cake for their baby’s monthly birthdays.
I decided to keep it simple by making a key lime pie, something I’d never done before. Buuut, I managed to not keep it simple by making the graham cracker crust myself and attempting to squeeze fresh key lime juice. Ya know those little bags of key limes you can buy? When you painstakingly squeeze the whole lot of ’em you will only get 1/4 cup of juice!!!!!!!! I added some lime juice I had on hand, but still needed 1/4 cup more to get to the cup of juice the recipe called for so I added some lemon juice. The pie looked pretty nice, but I thought it was too tart. Jamie said he liked it though, but maybe he was just being nice.
6 Month Tidbits:
- Miles is working on sitting up by himself but usually falls over after a short time has passed, the neurosurgeon said that it may take him a little longer to master this skill since his head is so heavy. He’ll get the hang of it soon enough!
- He is starting to eat solid foods and so far he’s tried rice cereal, squash, and carrots. He seems to like eating other foods but isn’t quite as enthusiastic about it yet as Elly was.
- He is learning to sleep in his crib and almost immediately rolls onto his belly when you put him down. The word ‘learning’ is a nice way of saying he is not yet a fan of his crib and isn’t afraid to let us know what he thinks about it. He is also still ‘learning’ to sleep through the night. *yawn*
- He continues to like toys, adding Sophie as one of his faves. Thank goodness…that French giraffe wasn’t cheap and Elly was not into it at all, so I’m glad it’s getting some use!
- Miles grabs and reaches for anything and everything, which does not please big sis when it comes to Miles grabbing at her precious toys. She does like it though when he reaches for her exclaiming, “He likes me!”
- His baby blues seem to be getting more blue by the day.
- Overall he is a laid back, smiley and cuddly baby boy (from the hours of 7:30am-8:30pm)! We are loving watching his sweet personality continue to emerge.