Our 2010 Top Five (in no particular order)
- The Pregnancy: Pregnancy seems to be all-consuming for me emotionally and physically (that’s a nice way of saying I was a BIG HOT MESS). I think it’s safe to say that both Jamie and I are glad it’s over and so thankful for the pinchable, huggable, squeezeable outcome!
- Miles’ Arrival: We have been blessed again with a healthy, sweet baby. We’re loving cuddling and getting to know ‘lil blue eyes. I’m happy to say we’ve settled in well to life with two kids. Thank you Miles for cutting back on the crying and increasing the sleep, you have managed to keep your Mama out of the insane asylum…for now.
- Elly Starts School/Becomes a Big Sis: She has a blast at school and has enjoyed it from the very beginning. In typical first-born fashion she follows all the rules, her teacher even said that they’d love to clone her. Although, they did mention she can be a stubborn little thing (she certainly gets that from Jamie). Elly is a kind and gentle big sister and seems to like her new role for the most part. There’s nothing like seeing Miles’ face light up at the sight of his big sis.
- First Family Vacation: We took a week-long vacation in the Outer Banks which was hopefully the start of a family tradition. Not part of the tradition; hand, foot, and mouth disease, mmmmmkay?!
- Jamie got SO Famous (article 1, article 2): He continues to impress me with how driven he is and I am thrilled for him that he’s doing something he loves each day. If only the paparazzi would just leave us alone. It’s exhausting trying to look put together for all these photos when showers are few and far between around here. Did you see Jamie’s spread, “Bloggers, They’re Just Like Us”?
When thinking about goals for 2011 my hopes are that we all remain healthy, happy and continue to thrive and enjoy life in Wilmington. In order for the happy part of that to come true for my husband, I really need those Redskins to make the playoffs next season. Please, please, please stop missing short field goals and stop signing old quarterbacks who you then decide to bench. Go Skins!