First off, I need to apologize to my plethera of readers who have been waiting for what must have seemed like ages for me to make a new post.
Our family has been battling many germs this week. Jamie came down with the flu, Elly came down with a cold, double ear infection, and horrible cough. I’ve been healthy until this weekend where I finally caught Elly’s cold, which was bound to happen with the amount of her snot that has ended up all over me!
Jamie was definitely down for the count so I was on my own with Elly. This week has made me appreciate even more all the help he usually gives me.
I am happy to report that Jamie is doing much better, Elly seems to be improving, and I will be doing great once the skin around my nose turns back to a normal color. Here’s to hoping we all stay healthy for the rest of the season!
Tried and True Recipe to Good Health
- take 25 cough drops (Jamie)
- use 1 box of tissues in less than 24 hours (Christine)
- swallow 12 Nyquils (Jamie)
- make 3 visits to the pediatrician and a trip to the hospital for chest x-ray (Elly)
- drink countless cups of hot tea, hot cider & ginger ale (Christine/Jamie)
- use numerous sprays of liquid crack otherwise known as Afrin (Christine)
- switch from 1 antibiotic to a stronger one (Elly)
- use a nebulizer 3 times per day and eardrops 4 times per day (Elly)
I wanted to add in get plenty of rest but Elly didn’t agree with me on that one. 😉 She says to add in have your Mom sleep on the floor of your room then when you’re tired of that make your parents let you sleep in a swing or bouncy seat in their room.